Okay, so you have “registered an interest” or pre-ordered or even (lucky few) ordered an RPi. It’s time to get together the stuff you’ll need.
1. A screen. The most obvious choice is a TV with an HDMI input.
2. A usb mouse. If you don’t have a spare around, why not treat yourself to a new one – you’re worth it!
3. A usb keyboard. Again, you may have a spare. I’ve ordered a small one, for portability.
4. An ethernet cable. For the web!
5. An operating system. I’m still not quite sure if the Pi is going to ship with one at this early stage. There are lots of places where you can find instructions for setting up your SD card. So far Debian and Arch are available to download via the RPi site. Which brings me to:
6. An SD card. The OS images are…
View original post 195 more words